English for kids in the Zürich area, Switzerland
Language Plus offers weekly workshops for children from 5 years old at any English level.
- Do you want your native English-speaking child to have more time practising reading, writing, speaking and listening with other English speakers?
- Is your child learning English at school, and you'd like them to learn in natural, real-life contexts from a native English speaker?
- Does your child need support with upper-school assignments or language practice?
Why is Language Plus the best choice for you and your child?
- A highly-skilled, qualified native English-speaking teacher
- Classes based on real-life situations and using the right language for the right context
- Play-based, fun learning for younger children
- Lessons tailored to the needs and interests of the group and individual members
- Courses and one-to-one tutoring for both native English speakers and English learners
About Language Plus
I'm Tracy Hope, founder of Language+ and workshop lead. I have a degree in primary education and am a certified teacher of English as another language. I have taught students from age 5-13 in my native New Zealand. I have two teenage children, currently in public school in Zurich. I have a special passion for supporting those wanting to integrate in Switzerland.
As a parent with children learning a second language at school (and learning a second -- and third -- language myself!), I understand the difficulties and barriers to learning another language. Confidence and a willingness to learn from mistakes are key to successful language learning. Many students learn English through books and rote memorisation, from a non-native English speaker, and need a chance to practise using it in a real context.
I love reading and writing, and as a teacher I have a passion for literacy. English courses at Language Plus include accessing and creating rich texts with relevance for learners.
- Bachelor of Teaching and Learning
- University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 2010
- Cambridge Certification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA)
- Flying Teachers, Zürich, 2017