English and literacy learning for kids in the Zürich area, Switzerland
What is Language Plus?
Our English literacy classes for children teach the foundations of reading and writing through an exciting and playful mix of phonics, games, arts and crafts, formal writing and reading.
Children learn the sounds of the English alphabet and how to use them to read a wide range of books (or magazines, or comics, or websites!) and to write stories, poems, letters, recipes, and more. They learn to use their reading and writing skills in everyday situations, and most importantly, they develop a lasting love of reading and writing.
At Language Plus, we aim for all children to be at or above the standard for their age in reading and writing. We design classes that will challenge them and encourage them to do their best and strive for the next level.
Most of all, children love coming to Language Plus classes because they have fun, they have choice in what they do, and because we are all learning together!
Language Plus offers weekly English literacy workshops for children from 5 years old
- Is your child a confident English speaker?
- Are they developing an interest in literacy?
- Do they enjoy being read to, and are they starting to read and write independently?
- Do you want your child to maintain their English-language skills in reading and writing?
Why is Language Plus the best choice for you and your child?
- A highly-skilled, qualified native English-speaking teacher
- Classes based on real-life situations and using the right language for the right context
- Play-based, fun learning for younger children
- Lessons tailored to the needs and interests of the group and individual members